California Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Law
California businesses have a couple of options to deal with dire financial conditions, and filing for a Chapter 11 bankruptcy can be an attractive option. However, it can be a bit complex, and to be successful, the business should consult experienced legal counsel to prepare the necessary filings.
Chapter 11 in the federal Bankruptcy Code is specific to business and allows for a reorganization of debt and liabilities owed to creditors. Businesses most commonly affected by Chapter 11 include corporations, sole proprietorships, partnerships and other types of companies.
- Washington Mutual agrees to settlement (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Bankrupt American Airlines Owns A Townhouse That May Be Worth Millions (huffingtonpost.com)
- Knoxville coal company files bankruptcy; attracts Chinese investors (knoxnews.com)
- Racial Discrimination, Corruption in Minnesota Bankruptcy Court (promoteliberty.wordpress.com)
- WaMu files new reorganization plan, agrees to settle with some creditors (oregonlive.com)